Tuesday 8 May 2012

Long Hot Summer

For those of you worried about Seedney the Window Sill, be not afraid Seedney is well and thriving with my Babies of Hotness.

At the moment we have two Early Jalapenos, two Orange Habaneros and a Dorset Naga. The heat of chillies is measured on the Scoville scale. Jalapenos generally rank between 3,500 and 5,000 scoville units. Habaneros come in at approximately 350,000 scoville units, as you can see things are heating up. The Dorset Naga is special, once ranked as the hottest chilli in the world, it comes in at a whopping 1,000,000 scoville units (yes 1 million).

Now I eat jalapenos on a regular basis with no problem. I've tried habaneros and have to admit that they are pretty hot. The question is "what am I going to do with the chillies from the Dorset Naga?", and the answer is I'm going to try at least one of them just so that I can say I have.

If anyone would like some chillies to try please let me know. I'm hoping the jalapenos will be along soon, both plants are already in flower so it shouldn't be too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment