Saturday 15 October 2011

Doug's been Dug!


Feeling quite tired this evening, but also quite proud of ourselves because we spent the late morning/early afternoon digging over Doug's beds and putting our first plants in!!

It took Mary and I the better part of 4 hours to dig over the 2 beds - fortunately the people who had it before us took really good care of the ground so the digging wasn't as hard as it could have been. for which I am eternally grateful!

Can I just say at this point that chicken pellet manure really, really stinks - but hopefully it's helped enrich the allotment!

So far Doug now has Cauliflower, purple sprouting broccoli, red currant, raspberries and strawberry plants growing on him. Whilst I'm busy in the New Forest tomorrow Mary will be busy planting a rhubarb crown, blueberry plant, garlic and onion sets.

I hope you enjoy the photos, I'm off for a well earned beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment